Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week Two

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Butter cream aka Strawberry Fields Forever.
These are pretty delicious. A white cake with chunks of strawberries on the inside. Yum!



I added a twist to some of them by adding a chocolate ganache on top of the cakes hoping when people took a bite that it might taste like a chocolate covered strawberry.


Top them off with meringue butter cream that has a strawberry puree mixed in with it. I've never made a meringue where I had to mix egg whites and sugar over a simmering pot of water. Needless to say I had a nice arm work out while whisking for 10 minutes. I used a closed star tip to pipe out the frosting.

These were a hit at my mom's office. Someone suggested to me to make mini cupcakes when bringing them to the office so more people can try them. Thank you for that suggestion and its something new to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment