Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week Three

Chocolate Raspberry Beret
It was time for chocolate cupcakes! Oh how I love chocolate! I can never seem to have enough of it at any given time. So what goes well with chocolate? I thought that raspberry is nice. This is a devils food recipe with a good amount of chocolate & sour cream instead of milk. Its not as dense of a cake that I thought it would be. And this was my first attempt with mini cupcakes. I will say that the batter goes a long way. I stopped myself at 48 mini cupcakes and decided to make some regular sized ones.

I am in love with the Meranguie Buttercream. It is such a lite buttery frosting that you can add some kind of fruit to flavor & tint the frosting. Pureeing raspberries is a fun adventure. If you never have done it you will realise that raspberries have a lot of seeds & they need to be seperated from the juice. Lets say it took me a good 20 mins just to seperate them using a sifter. The end product is so worth it because the frosting is not only sweet but has a twinge of the bitterness for the raspberries. The cupcakes came out nicely.







No comments:

Post a Comment