Monday, February 1, 2010

Week One



My first recipe attempt was a S'more cupcake which consists of a Graham cracker cake bottom. This was my first time ever using anything but enriched flour and i found it to be quite exciting. This is what they looked like when they were taken out of the oven.






The next part of it was having to make a chocolate ganache. I am familiar with this because I used it on top of the wedding cake I made for my brother's wedding. I really didn't mind getting chocolate on my hands. =)




To top it off with a marshmallow frosting. Yum! I've never used gelatin before and never tried to make candy. So i bought a candy thermometer and away i went. My first attempt ended up being a big ball of hard sugar. Success the second time around to make these cute marshmallow tops.




The fun thing is that if you bit into this and got each layer this cupcake tasted like a S'more minus the campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment