Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Four

Irish Cream Cheesecakes

Well I haven't posted for over a week due to lots of work and making cupcakes for people for Valentines day. This week I have three days off from work soooo i decided to do a few things. This recipe I found on the Internet in 2004 and haven't made it since so I've been seeing a whole lotta bakeries and blogs talking about St. Pats day so remembered this recipe that I made for a class in college. Yes it does have Bailey's in it and it gives it a nice flavor...and I'm sure that the alcohol burns off in the baking process. I made some slight modifications by making them into cupcake sizes. The only problem I run into when making cheesecakes is that the centers always fall. I know I should leave them in the oven to cool blah blah blah but I get anxious and probably mess it up in that way. I would love help on this issue. =) I'm sure my work mates are going to like trying them.



Irish Cram Cheesecake
Crust
2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (I used Graham crackers)
5 tablespoons butter melted
Filling
3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
4 large eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Irish cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine the vanilla wafers & butter in a small mixing bowl
3. Press crumb mixture into the bottom & 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
4. Hold this pan in the freezer until ready to fill
5. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
6. Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Add the gelatin; mix well at low speed
8. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
9. Stir in the sour cream , Irish cream & vanilla
10. Spoon the mixture over the crust
11. Bake at 300 for one hour & 15 minutes
12. Do not open the oven door!
13. Turn off the oven, keep the oven door closed
14. Allow the cheesecake to remain in the oven for an additional one hour & 15 minutes.
15. Do not open the door during this time!
16. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and carefully remove the spring form pan
17. place on a decorative plate & serve at room temperature or chilled
Okay so that's the recipe... but I put the Gram crackers in cupcake liners then baked them for 5 mins at 325 degrees so it set then cooled them then poured the cheese filling on top then baked for 30 mins at 325. I didn't leave them in there because i had another batch to do and that's just a long time to leave things in the oven taunting you with yummy smells. haha. I wish I could tell you where I acquired the recipe from but it was back in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment