Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Four Part Duex

Shortbread Buttons
So this is where this one started.... Bakeitpretty (Bakeitpretty.com) tweeted a link to these cookies a few weeks ago from Forty-six at Grace. (fourtysixthatgrace.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-shortbread-buttons_8809.html)
They looked so cute that I wanted to try them out. There is a recipe on her blog but it is in grams and I tried to convert it to cups but I was having troubles with the exact measurements. So I found a similar recipe on Joyofbaking.com/shortbreads/shortbreadcookies.html
Today was the day that I attempted them. I liked making 3 different colored cookies then I decided with the scraps to make a tie died cookie with all three doughs. I can't remember if I've ever had a shortbread cookie besides the girl scout version. I'm sure they would be great with tea but by themselves they seem a bit dry. But they look cute so that's all that matters right?

No comments:

Post a Comment