Saturday, May 1, 2010

Banana cupcakes

These Cupcakes are Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S
These are Roasted Banana Cupcakes from the Martha Stewart cupcakes book. Couple of things about roasting bananas is interesting... I'm not found of their texture after they are roasted and then trying to extract them out of their peels. I've decided that I need to invest in another Kitchen Aid Mixing bowl because you have to beat the egg whites separate from the actual batter, which I'm sure gave them the light and fluffy texture of the cake. I'm sure it would have been easier if I had a separate bowl and wasn't transferring batter to another bowl while whipping the egg whites. The recipe only makes 16 regular cupcakes so to have more to try & distribute I made allot of minis and took some to Classic Studios when I got my hair cut. They seemed to enjoy them very much.




The frosting is a honey cinnamon butter cream quite tasty! Of course I added more cinnamon because 1/4 teaspoon doesn't seem like all that much to me. The cake is a whole lotta banana flavor and the frosting is a sweet accent. If I can get past the preparation of the bananas I'd make it whenever I have extra ripe bananas.



2 comments:

  1. oh yea, I will DEFINTELY be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still planning that day that I'm going to make banana cupcakes! these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete