Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Pumpkin Cupcakes

So its been a while since I've posted anything. I've been baking but not posting strangely enough. Since it is fall (finally!) and the people around me like pumpkin flavored items I decided to try to make some pumpkin cupcakes.


My go to lady for recipes Martha Stewart cupcake book. There are a few things I changed... instead of buttermilk I used sour cream and of course I put in more spices. I will say that she put in a lot of ginger. In retrospect I'd not put in so much. It seems like all you taste is the spices.. but then again I'm that clueless person who doesn't really know what pumpkin tastes like. The cake is extremely moist.. which I love! And what goes better with pumpkin cupcakes is Cream Cheese frosting. I love that it only has 3 ingredients butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar!
These came out pretty tasty and really easy to make. :)

Nom Nom Nom!



2 comments:

  1. Nice use of the Frankenstein guy!! That is awesome!! Those look delicious!!! Mmmm pumpkin and cream cheese!! What could be better?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started getting sucked into Pinterest more lately and loved your pins, so thought I would stop by and visit your blog. Martha's cupcake book is fantastic and now that fall is pretty much here I am making a list. You have inspired me to dog-ear the pages (pumpkin brown butter or pumpkin patch?) - Thanks! Fun pics :)

    ReplyDelete