Friday, March 12, 2010

Week Six

Shipping Off to Boston
Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
with Baileys Buttercream

It seems when it comes to baking and bakeries that everyone does holiday themed goodies. So I decided to join in this week and make come St. Patty's day cupcakes. I will just say that I am in LOVE with cake flour at the moment. It seems to make the cake lighter. With that thought I've been using the same chocolate cupcake recipe for the chocolate cupcakes but this time around I altered a few things like substituting some cake flour for the all purpose flour and I also added some mini Chocolate chips for an extra punch of chocolate.
Vanilla bean cupcakes instead of regular vanilla extract I used French Vanilla extract. It is quite strong and I'm not sure that I would use as much but it has an amazing aroma to it.
The Buttercream.... oh my i didn't really have a recipe for this so instead of adding milk to the buttercream I added Baileys. I like the combination of flavors with the chocolate, vanilla, and the baileys. Not too Shabby!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lyndsey, this is Sfawcett here. I don't know how to use my name with these comments but here goes anyway. Wish I could have tried these cupcakes with the Bailey's Cream frosting. But I did get to try your Snickerdoodle minis. They were very, very good. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete